Discover your customer’s network to drive more business with targeted network migrations and upgrades
Most enterprise technology designs begin with an existing or “brownfield” environment. To build a complete and accurate design, engineers and architects need to dependably discover the existing network, assess what equipment can be used, and make determinations on what needs to be replaced or upgraded. Using Netformx Discovery, users can audit and discover multi-vendor networks to accurately baseline a customer’s technology in minutes.
Performing a network discovery allows users to quickly gain insights on equipment that is underpowered or underutilized, end-of-life or out-of-service, a potential security vulnerability, or otherwise in conflict with a customer’s new requirements. Discovery delivers the cornerstone for designing new proposals based on what the customer has already deployed and using it as a foundation for the successful sale of new products and services.
Netformx Discovery supports assessment-led selling by auditing a customer's network and providing insights on technology upgrade, replacement, and enhancement opportunities. Netformx Discovery enables over 2,680 service providers, systems integrators, and equipment vendors in more than 144 countries to quickly and accurately baseline and audit their customer’s network. Netformx Discovery identifies topology, equipment, and configuration data as well as end of life, end of support, and resource gaps. This information provides engineers and architects with design guidance and creates immediate up-sell and cross-sell opportunities to:
- Win More Business. Discoveries focus pre-sales planning and help identify opportunities for new revenue including a path to bring the customer’s network up-to-date. Netformx Discovery users can provide well-informed recommendations including network migration options, service offerings, and support contract changes. Technology suppliers will quickly establish themselves as trusted advisors by delivering accurate and actionable insights to their customers and better power their business.
- Delight and Retain Customers. Focus customer interactions by delivering executive-level reports to summarize results and highlight near- and long-term needs. Easily emphasize possible security vulnerabilities or out of warranty devices and suggest immediate actions to ensure your customer’s business remains secure and fully operational.
- Be More Efficient. Automatically discover, inventory, and document the customer’s infrastructure and configuration details. Baseline their environment topology down to the node level and capture detailed specifications for each device without relying on the customer’s documentation or a manual inspection. Automated discovery not only saves time but also dramatically reduces the potential for errors requiting multiple iterations to arrive at a final working solution.
- Detailed Network Device Identification. Baseline the customer’s environments quickly and reliably. Delivers the make and model number of any device found during the discovery. It also has the ability to identify more detailed information including serial numbers, host and system names, MAC and IP addresses, hardware and software versions, device configuration included memory in use, and physical connections between devices.
- Upload to Equipment Vendors. Once a discovery is completed, users can upload the results to equipment vendor services including Cisco Discovery Service (CDS) to gain even more detailed analysis and reporting on discovered devices. Reports generated include information such as end-of-life milestones and security alerts.
- Monetize Discovery with Netformx DesignXpert. Use the baseline to establish the foundation on top of which to design new solutions for customers. Netformx DesignXpert allows users to quickly transform network discoveries into new proposals. Users can easily address security vulnerabilities, end-of-life devices and new requirements the customer may have for more advanced products and services. With Netformx DesignXpert, users can create a multi-phased proposal to address over time the needs of their customers and provide a blueprint for their continued technology evolution.
The Netformx Discover-to-Sell Solution
The Netformx Discover-to-Sell solution transforms customer requirements into validated designs and winning proposals for enterprise technology. Netformx Discovery is a cornerstone of this end-to-end solution and an important link to Netformx DesignXpert. Netformx Discovery includes comprehensive discovery capabilities along with analysis and reporting functions. This desktop application can work standalone to create a baseline of a customer’s network and in conjunction with Netformx DesignXpert to design, configure and quote new solutions.
Netformx DesignXpert is the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation. Netformx DesignXpert automates the end-to-end design process by enabling collaborative workflows and producing a validated architecture along with all the necessary documents for a winning proposal and order. Netformx DesignXpert outputs include a fully customizable network diagram, bill of materials, and statement of work. When you purchase or renew your Netformx DesignXpert subscription, you also gain access to the Netformx KnowledgeBase, the richest multi-vendor content library in the world. The Netformx KnowledgeBase includes over 545,000 products and more than 2.45 million configuration rules, with enterprise technology product information including specifications, validation rules, pricing, ordering information, and discovery mappings from the world’s leading technology providers.
Baselines created with Netformx Discovery are seamlessly transformed into winning proposals using Netformx DesignXpert. Using the Netformx KnowledgeBase, users can include replacement devices and integrate them as part of a validated design, which incorporates the existing elements in the customer’s network. The resulting proposal will delight customers by carefully planning out the introduction of new products and services. Customers also benefit from the added assurance that the configuration was validated and will work as designed.
Achieving Success with Netformx Discovery
Netformx offers a variety of services to help you achieve success with Netformx Discovery. A complete portfolio of complimentary video-on-demand training is available. In the event that you require technical support, our software support professionals will gladly assist you with the level of service that has earned them sustained customer satisfaction levels of 95% and above. If you require more personalized attention, Netformx offers Discovery Assist. Discovery Assist provides one-on-one guidance to successfully complete a network discovery. Netformx consultants can even participate during a live end-customer discovery session to ensure success.
- Windows XP – VS20120 SP1 WinXP SP3
- Windows Vista – SP2
- Windows 7 – SP1
CPU: 1.2 GHz Pentium IV (minimum requirements – 450 MHZ Pentium III)
RAM: 512 MB (recommended 1GB or more)
Storage: 1GB free space
- Microsoft Office 2007 or Office 2010 for running Excel-based reports and Word-based design documents
- Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
Network connectivity is required for the following features:
- Periodic update to library
- Assessment using Cisco Discovery Services (CDS)
- SNMP must be enabled on the target network devices being discovered or user must have Telnet logon settings
For more information about the Cisco Discovery Partner Promotion, Click Here.
To download the CDS Frequently Asked Questions, Click Here.
Netformx Discovery Resources
- Netformx Discovery Overview
- Netformx Discovery Step-by-Step Guide
- Free VOD Training
- Customer Support
- Get the Latest Updates to Netformx Products
Cisco Partner Resources:
Cisco Discovery Services (CDS) Resources