March 22, 2017
Intermittent Estimate Upload Challenges to CCW
Netformx continues to work with Cisco to resolve challenges users face when Uploading Estimates to CCW – Cisco is reporting problems on their end and is trying to address (no estimated time for a fix). Also, there appears to be intermittent problems when Sharing Estimates launched from within DesignXpert. Please know that we are working with Cisco to resolve these problems quickly. If you are having an issue we recommend you keep an eye on this page as we will notify you when the upload capability has been fully resolved. If you have other concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 8, 2017
DesignXpert v18.0 Patch - To provide a better user experience
Thank you to our customers who have shared some challenges with the recent release of DesignXpert v18.0. We have been quickly addressing those issue with recent Patches and there are more to come.
Update 18.104.22.168 included the following fixes:
- DesignXpert template .NPST no longer behaves like a Project .NPZ file
- Missing icons in LinkXpert are now corrected
- SQLite Favorite conversion (from .NPR to .NPSR) no longer damages the Favorites file nor causes DesignXpert to crash upon opening
- DesignXpert Project dialog box now shows recently opened projects
- Removed the empty folder in the configuration dialog
- Sprint Only: Ribbon display problem corrected
Update 22.214.171.124 included the following fixes
- Location dialog box corrected to prevent DesignXpert crashes
- Find in the Library error corrected for users without Cisco credentials defined
- Correction to Save As operation for new SQLite-based DesignXpert template .NPST
- Sprint Only: Advisor no longer freezes
February 1, 2017
CISCO CCW and CSCC DOWNTIME: February 5, 2017
Cisco will perform CCW and CSCC maintenance from 12:00 am - 7:00 AM 5-Feb 2017 PST. There may be some limited availability during this time, however you should be prepared for no availability.
If, after that time, you encounter any problems using DesignXpert, this is due to DesignXpert adjustments that may be needed following the CCW change. We recommend you visit this page for more details on when the DesignXpert adjustments will be completed.
December 22, 2016
MAINTENANCE DOWNTIME: Netformx On-line Access December 24 & 25
In order to minimize the impact on our users having access to our Ecosystem of offerings, we will perform some important maintenance upgrades during the holidays. We understand that this may still impact some users. Users may not have access to ChannelXpert, KnowledgeXpert, SalesXpert, or the ability to upload projects to the Hub during the downtime. The downtimes are:
- December 24 for 3 hours: 8:00 am PST (GMT-08:00) to 11:00 am PST
- December 25 for 6 hours: 12:00 am PST (GMT-08:00) to 6:00 am PST
We apologize for any inconvenience we may cause during this important maintenance upgrade.
August 17, 2016
New Requirements for DesignXpert v17.4 - To release early September
You may want to prepare your systems for the coming release.
New System Prerequisites
- NET 4.5.2 or later
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistribution Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable Package or higher
New Infrastructure Upgrades
- Microsoft XML 4.0 SP3
- SQLite ODBC Driver 32
- Microsoft Update KB29992263 (Windows 7 or 8 requirement only)
August 12, 2016
DesignXpert v17.3 Released on April 13 -
Some users might have a few extra steps to upgrade
Users who are on Windows 7 or Windows 8 might have some extra steps to take to receive the update. Users on Windows 10 will not be affected. While we don’t anticipate any problems, we recently became aware of a Microsoft Knowledgebase patch KB2999226 that could result in a longer than expected update process for a few users.
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 users and encounter this rare event, we have added an ‘Abort’ option to the Netformx Updater to enable you to cancel out of the longer than expected Update cycle.
- If the Updater runs for longer than 5 minutes:
- Abort the current update
- Reopen the Update UI
- Right-click on the DesignXpert line
- Select ‘Check for Updates’ again, which should clear this issue.
- If for some reason this does not solve the problem, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
March 16, 2016
Transitioning form Cisco’s CSApp to Partner Management Application (PMA) for Certification Management
We are excited about Cisco’s transition to Partner Management Application (PMA). It will allow us to provide even more data than ever before to help customers that are onboarded to ChannelXpert to further maximize their profitability. Cisco has now retired CSApp. Therefore, while we are migrating from CSApp to PMA, the certification data in ChannelXpert will not be updated from March 14 - 31, 2016. With our agile development capability, we are working quickly to migrate to PMA and should have it up and running in the next few weeks. The additional good news is that there will be no action required on your part for the transition. Should you have any questions or concerns in the interim, please contact your Account SE or Abbey.Tewari@netformx.com.
Not onboarded to ChannelXpert? If you would like to have a better transition from CSApp to leverage PMA data, contact your Account Manager or complete the form.
Previous Hot Topics are available in our Archive.