Customer Support Hot Topics
Check back often for the most recent changes and updates to your Netformx Solutions. Hot Topics covers a broad set of topics important for helping users maximize their Netformx experience. Previous Hot Topics are available in our Archive.
Subscribe to the RSS Feed
(To view RSS feeds in Chrome you will need to add this Extension to Chrome)
November 28, 2018
RESOLVED: Problem with Logging into some Netformx Online Solutions
A third party authentication provider was experiencing a temporary problem which impacted all of their customers including Netformx. This resulted in users not being able to login to some of Netformx SaaS solutions, excluding ChannelXpert. They have reported that this problem has been resolved. However, if you have any issues or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 19, 2018
New CCW Upload Notification with Relese of DesignXpert v18.7
Netformx added a verification process to check for periodic errors whereby some valid and configured Cisco SKUs residing inside the DesignXpert Project fail to upload successfully to the corresponding CCW Estimate. When that happens, the “Cisco.com Configuration Confirmation” dialog box will warn the user to the situation by adding a red exclamation icon (!) prefacing the Estimate line details. Read More
September 10, 2018
Challenges with ChannelXpert Login - Resolved
ChannelXpert was experiencing difficulties with user login. We have resolved the issue. Please try logging in again. If you still have issues or other concerns, please contact email@example.com.
August 7, 2018
What to do if the PIT does not show Estimates
Some Netformx Partner Incentive Tool (PIT) users do not see any Estimates information after they login. Click here for more details on the 3 simple steps below to resolve the issue.
- Confirm your CCW Data Source
- Add the ‘Last Modified’ Column to your CCW Estimate Repository
- Modify Your PIT Estimate Pool Depth
If you have other concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 17, 2018
CCW Change May Cause an Error with Bill To Address
You may experience that your Cisco CCO ID programmed in DesignXpert & SalesXpert lacks a fully defined Bill To Address which is a Preference setting each user will now need to set up inside your CCW profile. Cisco recently updated many CCW security settings and policies and now requires a complete Bill To description inside your CCW Profile.
Click here for the steps to resolve the issue.
If you have other concerns, please contact email@example.com.
March 8, 2017
DesignXpert v18.0 Patch - To provide a better user experience
Thank you to our customers who have shared some challenges with the recent release of DesignXpert v18.0. We have been quickly addressing those issue with recent Patches and there are more to come.
Update 22.214.171.124 included the following fixes:
- DesignXpert template .NPST no longer behaves like a Project .NPZ file
- Missing icons in LinkXpert are now corrected
- SQLite Favorite conversion (from .NPR to .NPSR) no longer damages the Favorites file nor causes DesignXpert to crash upon opening
- DesignXpert Project dialog box now shows recently opened projects
- Removed the empty folder in the configuration dialog
- Sprint Only: Ribbon display problem corrected
Update 126.96.36.199 included the following fixes
- Location dialog box corrected to prevent DesignXpert crashes
- Find in the Library error corrected for users without Cisco credentials defined
- Correction to Save As operation for new SQLite-based DesignXpert template .NPST
- Sprint Only: Advisor no longer freezes
February 1, 2017
CISCO CCW and CSCC DOWNTIME: February 5, 2017
Cisco will perform CCW and CSCC maintenance from 12:00 am - 7:00 AM 5-Feb 2017 PST. There may be some limited availability during this time, however you should be prepared for no availability.
If, after that time, you encounter any problems using DesignXpert, this is due to DesignXpert adjustments that may be needed following the CCW change. We recommend you visit this page for more details on when the DesignXpert adjustments will be completed.
December 22, 2016
MAINTENANCE DOWNTIME: Netformx On-line Access December 24 & 25
In order to minimize the impact on our users having access to our Ecosystem of offerings, we will perform some important maintenance upgrades during the holidays. We understand that this may still impact some users. Users may not have access to ChannelXpert, KnowledgeXpert, SalesXpert, or the ability to upload projects to the Hub during the downtime. The downtimes are:
- December 24 for 3 hours: 8:00 am PST (GMT-08:00) to 11:00 am PST
- December 25 for 6 hours: 12:00 am PST (GMT-08:00) to 6:00 am PST
We apologize for any inconvenience we may cause during this important maintenance upgrade.
August 17, 2016
New Requirements for DesignXpert v17.4 - To release early September
You may want to prepare your systems for the coming release.
New System Prerequisites
- NET 4.5.2 or later
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistribution Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable Package or higher
New Infrastructure Upgrades
- Microsoft XML 4.0 SP3
- SQLite ODBC Driver 32
- Microsoft Update KB29992263 (Windows 7 or 8 requirement only)
August 12, 2016
DesignXpert v17.3 Released on April 13 -
Some users might have a few extra steps to upgrade
Users who are on Windows 7 or Windows 8 might have some extra steps to take to receive the update. Users on Windows 10 will not be affected. While we don’t anticipate any problems, we recently became aware of a Microsoft Knowledgebase patch KB2999226 that could result in a longer than expected update process for a few users.
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 users and encounter this rare event, we have added an ‘Abort’ option to the Netformx Updater to enable you to cancel out of the longer than expected Update cycle.
- If the Updater runs for longer than 5 minutes:
- Abort the current update
- Reopen the Update UI
- Right-click on the DesignXpert line
- Select ‘Check for Updates’ again, which should clear this issue.
- If for some reason this does not solve the problem, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 16, 2016
Transitioning form Cisco’s CSApp to Partner Management Application (PMA) for Certification Management
We are excited about Cisco’s transition to Partner Management Application (PMA). It will allow us to provide even more data than ever before to help customers that are onboarded to ChannelXpert to further maximize their profitability. Cisco has now retired CSApp. Therefore, while we are migrating from CSApp to PMA, the certification data in ChannelXpert will not be updated from March 14 - 31, 2016. With our agile development capability, we are working quickly to migrate to PMA and should have it up and running in the next few weeks. The additional good news is that there will be no action required on your part for the transition. Should you have any questions or concerns in the interim, please contact your Account SE or Abbey.Tewari@netformx.com.
Not onboarded to ChannelXpert? If you would like to have a better transition from CSApp to leverage PMA data, contact your Account Manager or complete the form.
Previous Hot Topics are available in our Archive.