Software Support and Release Information for Netformx DesignXpert
The following describes the support policies for Netformx application software, related platform software and minimum hardware requirements for Netformx software. These policies allow us to provide consistent and predictable experience for our users and ensure the highest possible reliability for Netformx products.
Click here for details on the most current version of Netformx DesignXpert details for readiness, installation, and release notes.
Supported Operating Systems
|Windows 7 (all flavors)
||SP1 or above
|Windows 8 (all flavors**)
||**Windows 8 RT is not supported
||Only supported for DesignXpert v17.3. It is not supported for older versions of DesignXpert.
- RAM Memory: 4GB
- Hard Drive Space: 12GB
- CPU: Intel Core2Duo or equivalent Processor
- Display: SXGA (1280x1024) or higher with true color (32 bit)
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
- Hard Drive Space: 16 GB Free space on disk. *SSD Drive is recommended for high performance*
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent Processor
- Display: FHD (1920 x 1080) or higher with true color (32 bit)
Unsupported Operating Systems and Server Platforms
Netformx DesignXpert Support on Microsoft Windows
- Windows XP is no longer supported as of May 1, 2013. Netformx DesignXpert will continue to support Windows Vista and Windows7. We recommend you make your transition well in advance to avoid any delays in using Netformx DesignXpert.
- What this means to you?
- Netformx no longer tests and certify DesignXpert on any versions of Windows XP.
- Future versions of DesignXpert may not work on Windows XP.
- Netformx support no longer provides live software support on Windows XP (phone, email, chat) for DesignXpert issues when occurring on a Windows XP PC.
- Netformx will continue to make available information about Windows XP related solutions in our Frequently Asked Questions Tool.
- Netformx DesignXpert v.15.3 and v.15.5 are not supported on Windows Server Platforms, (for example Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 or 2011).
- *Important Notice: As of July 2010 Microsoft no longer provides support for Windows 2000. As a result, DesignXpert installations on Windows 2000 will not be supported by Netformx. Netformx users who currently use Windows 2000 are encouraged to migrate to a newer Windows version. See also: Microsoft end of support announcement: https://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3071
Netformx DesignXpert Support on Mac OS
Netformx is well aware of the growing popularity of Macs and the desire to run a native version of Netformx DesignXpert on Mac OS. After careful analysis, we have concluded that the amount of investment required to create a native Mac OS version of Netformx DesignXpert is prohibitively high. We have no plans to release a native Mac OS version of Netformx DesignXpert at this time. Here are your options to successfully use Netformx DesignXpert with a Mac:
- Virtual Machine (VM) such as VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Many customers successfully run Netformx DesignXpert using VMs.
- Please use a higher performance Mac to ensure you have plenty of resources to run all your applications along with Netformx DesignXpert.
- We offer software support for Netformx DesignXpert users deployed on VMWare and Parallels and can provide you with best practices for deployment.
- Apple's Boot Camp
- Netformx DesignXpert runs very well using Windows 7 installed on Apple's Boot Camp
- A Boot Camp partition can also be mounted using a VM, providing the flexibility to run Netformx DesignXpert via a VM with other Mac Applications or with the full power of a Mac using Boot Camp.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) such as Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare View, or Cisco VXI
- Many of our customers are turning to VDI to deliver a more flexible platform for their employees including support for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), mobility, and enterprise software management.
- Netformx can assist you with best practices to deploy DesignXpert using VDI and will support users for any issues related to Netformx software.
- In order to deploy on VDI, please contact your account manager to discuss licensing requirements
Netformx is hard at work building the next generation infrastructure and applications for our customers. Our direction is to leverage Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud-based applications which will provide cross-platform support. Our intention is to deliver a next wave of applications that will work with Netformx DesignXpert and enhance its capabilities while leveraging the flexibility to using any OS and browser commonly used by enterprises. We will share more details as they become available.
Contact Us -
If you have any questions about support contact email@example.com.