Netformx DesignXpert Version 15 Release on October 29
Netformx is excited to bring you two industry firsts with the release of Netformx DesignXpert version 15. Netformx, in close partnership with Cisco, is delivering the first official design and configuration solution capable of directly uploading to Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). Netformx Discovery will discover details about Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) products and fabric interconnects with enhanced reporting outputs from Cisco Discovery Services (CDS).
Version 15 also delivers new features and enhancements including:
- Get more out of Cisco’s Value Incentive Program (VIP)
- Better validation with accuracy improvements for wiring infrastructure and design
- Easier access to all the capabilities offered by the Netformx support organization
Netformx DesignXpert Readiness: Click here for the Netformx DesignXpert version 15 landing page that will provide you with more details about the release and related requirements.
Release Notes: Click here to view the Netformx DesignXpert version 15 Release Notes.
Updated EULA: With this release the End User License Agreement (EULA) will be updated. Click here for the updated EULA
New OS Support Page: Click here for important information about future support for Windows XP and other operating systems
Updates on June 4, 2012
Netformx DesignXpert Version 14.5 released
The following updates are based on the production cycle for 06/04/2012. 14.5 includes the following features and enhancements:
- Cisco Value Incentive Promotion (VIP) content - see at a glance if the products you are designing for your customers qualify for rewards under the Cisco Value Incentive Program. Download the Cisco VIP Datasheet.
- Revised menu when right clicking on a device - fast and easy access to common functions.
- New report type including ConfigSet - report includes ConfigSet ID associated with BOM for streamlined workflow with Cisco Ordering System.
- Enhanced discounting - easier views with unification of logical BOM functions
- Support for advanced network deployments - added HTTP proxy infrastructure to facilitate deployment on highly secured networks with no internet access
Netformx Discovery® Updates
- Stack representation for Cisco switches - discovery identifies and adds correctly the Stack Switches (e.g. 3750) including their correct stack cables, master–slave configuration and accurate visual representation.
- Support for Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) - improved precision of data from discoveries.
- Improved accuracy and details - support for fan trays and power supplies on Cisco 65xx series and better synchronization of Discovery data with the Cisco library.
New Vendors in the Netformx KnowledgeBase®
The production cycle for June 4, 2012 includes the following vendors available to users with licenses of Netformx DesignXpert® Platinum Edition:
- Brocade IP Enterprise Products - includes products and attributes, relationships and attachability, configuration validation rules, US list price, and unique graphics. Products added include: Brocade VDX® Data Center switches ―the foundation for deploying Brocade Ethernet fabrics with Brocade VCS® Fabric technology; Brocade ICX™ Series Campus Network Switches; Brocade ServerIron® ADX® Series Application Delivery controllers; Brocade FastIron® Series switches, for edge to core aggregation; Brocade MLX® Series, Brocade NetIron® Series, and Brocade TurboIron® Switches, for carrier and high performance environments; Brocade Mobility RFS Controllers and Access Points; Brocade AirDefence® Wireless Intrusion Protection; Brocade HBAs, CNAs, and Fabric Adapters; and Brocade Network Advisor Management Software.
- Jabra Headsets - (also available in Gold edition) includes products and attributes, regional price list and graphics.
- ISI Telemanagement Solutions, Inc. - (also available in Gold edition) includes products and attributes, relationships and attachability, US Price List for leader in Telecom Expense Management software including Call accounting solution, Infortel® Select and Managed Services offerings
Netformx DesignXpert Version 14.3 - Released 3/5/2012
Download the Release Notes for Netformx DesignXpert v14.3.
The updated Version 14.3 includes the following enhancements:
- Find - Advanced search queries includes greater flexibility and ease of use when using customizable views
- Auto Replace - New functionality that enables a simple, fast and intuitive way to replace all selected devices
- Validate Device - Flexible interface for single and multi-device validation
- Discount - Completely redesigned interface to align different project requirements such as Vendor, Hardware, Software and Services
- Pause/Resume Discovery - New feature that enables performing a full Discovery in multiple phases
- Network Assessment Report - New option to identify IPv6 compliance for Cisco Devices aligned with Cisco Discovery Services (CDS)
Netformx DesignXpert Version 14.2 - Released 11/28/11
We have been working hard to add even more functionality including:
Multiple Graphical Layers allowing you to associate devices, shapes and links into groups called layers. You can easily show and hide layers to generate multiple views of the design.
Attributes and Find Capabilities enables search on new attributes such as device creation and modification dates. You can combine attributes and also create pre-defined queries, which can easily be shared amongst users.
Custom CLI Commands for Network Discovery to allow you to view and control which commands are executed during a discovery. You can also exclude non-SNMP devices from selected reports.
You can also learn more about the new features in the November User Webinar.
We have also been hard at work fixing 111 bugs including:
- Design documents are correctly supported in Office 2003 and 2010
- BOM generation for current drawings is correct for all cases
- New exchange rates are effective immediately in all reports
Netformx DesignXpert Version 14.0 -
Current Release Notes: DesignXpert v.14.0 Release Notes
Download the DesignXpert v14.0 Datasheet: The new release delivers improved productivity for users along with a new product for sales and deployment teams.
Download the Interactive Guide: DesignXpert v.14.0
This guide will help you to better navigate through the new menus and Ribbon UI. Click the DesignXpert version 12 menu or button item to see an animation of where it’s located in DesignXpert v.14.0.